Wednesday 3 July 2013

lots of little things

Little thing 1
Glastonbury was amazing (of course) and while I wait for my disposable photos to be ready, here is a pic of the festival from above at night:
Ah I miss it already! I always thought that Glastonbury wasn't a festival I ever wanted to go to... I guess I made assumptions about it based on very little... but now that I've been I'm sure that I will go again. Our best discovery (in my opinion at least!) was the tranquil and beautiful Green Fields, which felt like the 'true Glastonbury' I had heard about. There were so many different areas (and they really were completely different from one another) that we couldn't see them all - next time I'm definitely visiting Shangri-La!

Little thing 2
I'm self-learning Japanese. Yes, really. And yes, it is hard! But I'm really enjoying it and the thought of visiting Japan some day soon and being able to speak and understand the language (at least on a basic level) is pushing me to study harder. So far I can say some potentially useful things such as これはにくじゃないですね。(That's not meat, is it?), and すみません。としょかんはどこですか。(Excuse me, where is the library?). I've also starting learning some basic Kanji (which are the characters that represent whole words or ideas) such as 月 (moon, month) and 木 (tree).

Little thing 3
I've got two exciting film-related work experiences coming up. In July/August I'll be interning at Revolution film production company (who have produced films such as A Cock and Bull Story and 24 Hour Party People to name a few), and then in late October I'm going to be a runner for a film being shot in the famous Elstree studios.. Can't wait!

Last little thing
Here's the finished short film I put together from the footage taken in Inverness. I am pleased with it but as always I want to do better. I actually submitted it to the Virgin Media Shorts competition (I hope you don't mind Natalie!) just as practise in doing such things. I know I won't win it but maybe next time! My favourite part is when the elk (is it an elk? who knows) walks in time with the music for a little bit!

Here's to a long, productive and great summer
Hanna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment