Friday 15 February 2013

for he's a jolly good fellow

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I spent the evening in work... It was a nice enough shift but the most valentine'sy things about my night were some hearts on my tights and slightly wilting roses around the back of the cafe.

Suffice it to say, I didn't really do 14th Feb. properly. Today is another day, and 15th Feb. (whatever that is) can be celebrated in a more appropriate way. Turns out it's Conor Oberst's birthday* (he's a ripe old 33!) and I'm more than happy to listen to his music all day to mark the occasion.
(Bowl of Oranges) http://vimeo.com/6647107
He does have a song called 'Happy Birthday to Me' but it's a bit sad so let's not listen to that. 


Many happy returns Mr. Oberst!

Natalie xX

*trivia! 15th Feb. is also Susan B. Anthony Day, Afghanistan Liberation Day and the day King George VI was laid to rest (The King's Speech is about him)

No comments:

Post a Comment