Wednesday 27 February 2013

oh hello there

So of course I say I'll write loads about the film festival and then disappear without another word for weeks... Sorry about that. It was such a frenzied few weeks (what with me also having many essays due during the festival... which I may or may not have ended up actually doing...) that I just couldn't find the time to sit down and write about it!

I had an amazing time though and personal highlights include: Ainslie Henderson's short animation 'I am Tom Moody' [watch the trailer here], accidentally telling off a director, seeing the interview with James Cosmo and him giving me a huge grin of feigned embarrassment as he stood at the back with me watching scenes from Braveheart, being unable to tear tickets properly even after doing it for days, watching the surprise film (Spring Breakers) and laughing hysterically throughout, finally using one of my free tickets to see The Place Beyond the Pines (mmm to Gosling, hmm to the plot), and working behind the free bar at the closing night party with the loveliest barman I have ever met - and who gave Kathryn and me a free bottle of vodka and some t-shirts for our hard work (a.k.a. spilling most of the alcohol around the cups and commenting on hipsters' clothing choices). Side note: we have yet to decide whether he said that he was heading back home to 'two three year olds' or 'three funerals'... it was rather loud in there and by the look on his face it could have been either!

Anyway, since then I have been a bit of a zombie and today I've managed to do my back in - a phrase I'm pretty sure is used solely by those over fifty. So after a bit of a rest, I'm hoping to start filming a little music video/short film this weekend (if the weather allows it) starring the gorgeous Natalie! Until then, here's a teeny and rather crappy stop motion animation I made a couple of weeks ago in about ten minutes out of boredom and blu-tack (and instead of reading about manuscript decoration...)

Hanna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment