Saturday 13 April 2013

sweet lyme

Just a little update from me - spent Easter in Lyme Regis and despite the freezing cold, the sun came out and I managed to take a few photos of this beautiful seaside town. Apparently my mum used to take me there a lot when I was little but of course I can't remember much!
Here's a foot photo for you Natalie! Two seconds after, my feet were engulfed by a freak massive wave.. sadly there is no photo of that moment.
I only noticed the fisherman in red after I took this one - but I think he looks rather good against that stark black wall. I just couldn't resist those bright yellow and orange buoys.. and took far too many photos.

I find myself very interested in the things people get carved into memorial benches, and this one was particularly intriguing and strange - "After noise solitude". Take from that what you will...
 
(In case you're interested here is one of my favourite benches, in Glasgow's Botanic Gardens. "Pure heavy beautiful here man". I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because of the way it sounds so Glaswegian to me, and of course because it's so bittersweet.)
Going to start editing/cobbling together some footage I took in Lyme into some sort of tiny film soon, but should really prioritise exam revision...
Until next time!

Hanna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment