Sunday 10 March 2013

Mums and Cake

Off to K&J soon, expecting a busier shift than the average chaotic Sunday since it's mother's day. Happy mother's day to Hanna and I's lovely mums on that note.

It was International Woman's Day on Friday. There was a few things going on around uni, like a production of the Vagina Monologues which I didn't end up seeing, not sure if Hanna did. I didn't realise it's actually a national holiday in some places, and in others it's tradition for men to give the women in their lives gifts-no such luck for us British girls. Anyway I observed the day in my own way, challenging outdated gender roles etc etc... and spent the following day baking!


 
It's always a bit haphazard and messy (my sister wasn't best pleased at the state of her kitchen) but the end results are tasty so there's no complaints. We got some extra mother's day gifts out of it too.

Natalie xX


No comments:

Post a Comment