Thursday 28 March 2013

the end of the month

Thought I'd post a few photos from this month before it ends. All of the snow flurries were a surprise, although once I got over how pretty it made the place look, it's just been a cold nuisance really.
In a bid to brighten up these weirdly wintery (I do love some alliteration) days, I've been buying a lot of tulips, and making, eating and giving away, lots of jam. I thought I would try make my own as a little experiment a couple of months ago, and it's now became one of my favourite ways to spend an afternoon. It's easy and unlike cakes etc it lasts for so long and can be shared out to a fair amount of people. My last batch was peach and vanilla-very nice.
I couldn't find the recipe I used but here's one from Seasons and Suppers. Their recipes are usually good and they always have lovely photos too. 
Here's a snap of my jam on toast. The number of photographs I take of plates of food is becoming sad.
Anyway that's been my March. Hanna's away home to London for Easter so I'm awaiting her return next month. I'll try tempt her back early with flowers and preserves...

Natalie xX 



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tulip and jam photos! You're such a little chef, we need to get together and bake some delicious things - baking is the only kind of cooking I'm any good at! xx

    ReplyDelete